Congratulations to all of the graduate students who received scholarships and awards for the Spring semester!
Research Excellence Award – The award is to recognize graduate students for outstanding research accomplishments as documented in resulting theses and dissertations. The Research Excellence Program is administered by the Graduate College with additional support from the Graduate and Professional Student Senate.
- Anabelle Laurent - PhD Crop Production & Physiology with Fernando Miguez
- Gina Nichols - PhD Crop Production & Physiology with Sotirios Archontoulis
Teaching Excellence Award – The award is to recognize and encourage outstanding teaching achievement by graduate students. The Research Excellence Program is administered by the Graduate College with additional support from the Graduate and Professional Student Senate.
- Theo Hartman – PhD Agricultural Meteorology with Andy Vanloocke
Francis and Beatriz (Castro) Mar Graduate Scholarship – In June 2018, Dennis Mar established a graduate scholarship in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences in memory of his parents. Both of his parents were international graduate students at Iowa State University back in 1942 – 1944. Recipients are enrolled in the Department of Agronomy. Recipients are international students in their last year/semester of their degree program.
- Qi Mu – PhD Plant Breeding with Jianming Yu
- Ram Yadav – PhD Crop Production & Physiology with Prashant Jha